Virginia’s award-winning Wintergreen Resort is comprised of two unique areas: the mountaintop community of Wintergreen and the valley community of Stoney Creek. Both offer an irresistible resort lifestyle and beautiful vacation properties.
There are, however, a few distinctions between their lifestyles and their real estate options. To help you decide where to purchase a vacation home or condo at Wintergreen Resort, let’s compare what each community has to offer.
The Lifestyle of Wintergreen vs. Stoney Creek
Both Wintergreen and Stoney Creek offer plenty of excuses to enjoy the fresh mountain air and Virginia’s four-season climate. However, each community has its own unique amenities, events, and activities.
- Elevation: 4,000 feet atop Devils Knob
- Amenities: Devils Knob Golf Course, tennis center, shops and restaurants in The Mountain Inn, Wintergarden spa and fitness center, ski slopes and snow tubing park, Wintergreen Nature Foundation, hiking trails
- Resort Events: Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival, 4th of July Jubilee, Harvest Fest, and more
- Elevation: 700 feet
- Amenities: Stoney Creek Golf Course, members-only pool and tennis courts, shops and restaurants in Valley Green Shopping Center, Lake Monocan, Rodes Farm Stables, hiking trails
- Resort Events: Day at the Lake, Beach Olympics at Lake Monocan (4th of July Jubilee), Summer’s End Festival, and more
Wintergreen and Stoney Creek offer even more amenities than the ones we’ve listed here. View our interactive map below to find fun activities available in each community.
If you’d like to know more about the Wintergreen Resort lifestyle, check out our blog post detailing the differences between Wintergreen and Stoney Creek here.
Let’s Compare Wintergreen Resort Real Estate
Wintergreen offers a plethora of condominium and townhome communities sprinkled throughout the mountaintop. Many of these communities are in ultra-convenient locations, so you can easily find ski-front condos, walk-to-ski condos, and golf-front condos.
However, Wintergreen does not have a wide selection of single-family homes. If you are looking for a house, though, be sure to consider homes for sale on Devils Knob Loop. These homes offer unrivaled views of the mountains and valley.
As for Stoney Creek, this community offers more single-family home options, including golf course properties and waterfront properties. The 55+ community of RoseWood Village offers new low-maintenance homes.
We’ll Help You Find the Perfect Property
No matter what you’re searching for in a vacation home or condo, we’ll help you find the perfect property in your favorite community.