Wintergreen Resort is known for its skiing. In fact, it’s earned numerous accolades over the years for “Best Terrain Park” (Blue Ridge Outdoor Magazine), “Best Snow Skiing Spot” (Washington Post), “Top 10 Ski Reports” (SkiResorts.com, the ultimate guide to ski resorts), and “Best Place to Learn to Ski” (also Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine), just to name a few.
But there’s more to Wintergreen Resort than its award-winning ski slopes. In fact, there are plenty of ways to stay active even if you don’t know how to ski or snowboard. Here are just a few winter activities you can enjoy at the resort that have nothing to do with skiing.
Some of Wintergreen’s activities and attractions are seasonal while some are year-round. If you have a question about what’s open, just give us a call at (877) 296-9860.
- Play golf (when the weather’s nice!) at the Stoney Creek Golf Course, which is open year-round.
- Strap on your skates and hit the ice at the Shamokin Ice rink.
- Test your endurance along Wintergreen’s intermediate and expert mountain biking trails.
- Take a hike along one (or all!) of Wintergreen’s best trails.
- Take “The Plunge” — that is, fly down the hill at Virginia’s largest tubing park.
Indoor Fun Perfect for Wintertime
- Treat yourself to a facial or massage at the Wintergarden spa.
- Exercise your body and mind at the aquatics and fitness center.
- Play tennis on one of 3 indoor courts at the Devils Knob tennis center.
- Shop ’til you drop at the Mountain Village.
- Sample local drinks at Blue Ridge Mountain Brewery, Blue Toad Hard Cider, Devils Backbone Brewing Company, and other local breweries and vineyards.
- Take a trip one of the many restaurants and hidden gems near the resort.
Want Access to Your Favorite Activities All Year Long?
Owning real estate at Wintergreen Resort, whether it’s a condo in one of the resort’s many communities or a home in Stoney Creek, allows you to experience everything that Wintergreen Resort has to offer, whether it’s one of these fun winter activities or a popular summer pastime.
If you’re considering buying property at the resort, we have a wealth of resources to help you learn about all the real estate options, the local housing market, and the buying process itself. Have you found a few properties you want to see? Call us at (877) 296-9860 for a showing!