With its award-winning amenities and scenic beauty, Wintergreen Resort is a popular destination for year-round enjoyment, offering both a fantastic retreat and plenty of investment opportunities.
There are several differences in lifestyle, views, elevation, and real estate between Wintergreen Resort’s mountain top and valley communities, and today we want to briefly talk about these differences to help you decide where to find your ideal second home or investment property.
Here is an interactive map of the amenities that are within or close to both areas.
The Mountain Top
Investment opportunities abound on the mountain top, where condos, townhomes, and select single-family homes sit nearly 4,000 feet above sea level on Devils Knob.
The mountain top is where you can find many winter activities — skiing, ice skating, tubing — in addition to the spa, tennis, golf course, and plenty of hiking trails. Featured amenities include:
- Devils Knob Golf Course: Ellis Maples-designed 18-hole course with stunning views of the Shenandoah and Rockfish valleys, cool temperatures even in the summer, and a spacious clubhouse featuring the Devils Grill restaurant.
- The Mountain Inn: Where many of the resort’s best activities take place, including live entertainment at The Edge, dining at Copper Mine Bistro, shopping, and entertainment at the Wintercade Game Room.
- The Wintergarden: A world-class spa offering a fitness center, heated indoor pools, specialty spa services, and more to help you relax.
Mountain Top Real Estate
You will find many condominium and townhome communities on the mountain top that offer the finest features from a ski front location to homes with incredible mountain views. (And Devils Knob Loop is where homes with the resort’s best views are located.)
Stoney Creek is the resort’s valley community at an elevation of just 700 feet, and it too offers a world of experiences and excellent amenities close by.
In addition to the shopping center and restaurants located steps from the entrance to Stoney Creek, the valley community features the beloved Lake Monocan, a premier destination for summertime fun. Other featured amenities include:
- Rodes Farm Stables: Where you can enjoy horseback riding amid stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Stoney Creek Golf Course: A 27-hole Rees Jones course designed for enjoyment all year long, with the additional clubhouse and pro shop, restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, and a snack shop.
Stoney Creek Real Estate
Stoney Creek offers exceptional homes — single-family homes and townhomes — ranging from $300,000 to just under $1 million. One featured residential community within Stoney Creek is RoseWood Village, a 55+ community located on Rosewood Drive close to the entrance.
Wintergreen Resort is a premier destination for fun all year long, and as a popular tourist destination, it offers exceptional opportunities for real estate investment. If you are searching for your ideal condo, townhome, or single-family home as an investment property or second home as ski season approaches, take a look at our comprehensive resources to help you make a confident decision, including Wintergreen real estate activity and up-to-date Wintergreen association dues.
Contact us, your Wintergreen real estate experts, today and let’s talk about your investment goals for the new year.